Earlier this month, I went to my 9th Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference as part of my work with Mariner. The special keynote speaker was Deepak Chopra, the wellness guru. Here are my take-aways from his 15-minutes on center stage. (For a recap of the conference from a business perspective, check out my post on Mariner’s blog.)
- Remember the past, rejoice in the present, imagine the future. I love this! While it’s nothing revolutionary, it has a mantra-type feel that I can see myself repeating it over and over and over again.
- There is no power stronger than self-reflection. Truer words have never been uttered.
- His research shows that 95% of our genes respond to changes in our lifestyle. It takes 4 months to make a transition with new habits. We can’t change our gene sequence, but apparently, we can change how they operate.
- Effective ways to deal with stress include focusing on what is in front of you (how hard is that these days?!), developing and maintaining self-esteem and connecting with the warmth of emotions.
- “You are not a drop in the ocean; you are the mighty ocean and the drop itself.” – Rumi